With a new baby on the way, you’re likely overwhelmed by all the must have lists for baby essentials. While we don’t stock the baby shampoo, our design experts can certainly help you outfit a nursery that is sure to please both baby and mom. Here’s a list of our top 5 nursery essentials from Rug & Home.
1. Start with the floors first. We always start with the floors first and a plush, comfortable rug is a must have for bringing home baby. We have many styles to choose from, but our most popular rug for comfort is the Bliss by Kas. In many different colors to choose from, this option features a canvas backing and unbeatable price.
2. Seating. Late night feedings are going to require a soft place for parents to land. Klaussner carries a large selection of custom fabrics for you to match any color scheme and the Lacey Swivel Glider is an affordable option for comfort and movement. A favorite for sure!
3. Art. Creativity is born at an early age, so introduce art and whimsy into your child’s world from birth. You never know – you may have the next Picasso on your hands!
4. Accessories. Cute accessories are a must-have in any nursery. Girl or boy, we’ve got plenty to choose from like these adorable owls from IMAX.
5. Lighting. Harsh lighting is a no-no in a nursery space. Soft lamp lighting is not overly exposed for newborn eyes and also allows you to sneak in and out with ease when needing to check on a sleeping one. With so many styles to choose from, we recommend using a minimum of two within the space for times when you need full light but also for a late night diaper change when one lamp would be sufficient. Lamps are also interchangeable within the home, making it easy to transition as the little one grows.
Need help planning a layout? Have specific questions on rug types for baby? Leave us a comment, and one of our design associates will be glad to help!
By: Samantha Palacio
Family Circles Bronze Figurine // Alex Brass Frames S/3 // Amethyst Geometric Square Plates S/2 // Aramis Mosaic Coasters S/4 // Loloi Azalea AZ-03 //Counterflory Recipe Book Holder // Marisa Graphic Ottoman //American Rug Craftsmen Panoramic 90002
This year we’re celebrating Mom with a gift that will outlast the holiday. Offer her something she can enjoy year round like this Family Circles Bronze Figurine. This contemporary take on the bond of family love will surely touch her heart. Mom can display treasured heirloom photos in these Alex Brass Frames that are reminiscent of their Antique silver counterparts. Pretty glass trays to stash her baubles or keys are both decorative and functional. A thoughtful gift – these coasters will help protect her furniture but are also beautifully done in a mosaic pattern. Give Mom something to brag about with this colorful Azalea rug from Loloi. She is sure to be the envy of all her friends with such a bright and cheery space. Working moms will appreciate this recipe book holder making it easier to whip up a favorite dish without damaging Grandma’s recipe. Every mom could use a comfortable place to rest her feet. This versatile Graphic Ottoman is not only a place to prop her feet, but will double as a side table and even a vanity stool. Hip moms will love this trendy Panoramic rug for it’s contemporary vibe in bright and cheerful colors.
By: Samantha Palacio
If you struggle to come up with a new gift idea for your girlfriend, wife, best lady friend, sister, mother, mother-in-law, grandmother, aunt, or any other female in your life, then this blog’s for you! Our designers have picked out some of their favorite items, to give and to receive. These gifts will make you look like spent days researching and hours selecting the perfect item for that special lady – it’s an almost guaranteed way to close out the year with some extra brownie points!
Unique Gift Idea #1: Not-So-Ordinary Vases
Every woman can use another vase, but with these, it will seem like so much more – it will seem like a work of art! Frosted glass, etched ridges, and multi-colored glass add style and sophistication to these vases that will look great with or without any flowers (although, hand delivered with the flowers is a sure-to-win-her-over touch that we HIGHLY recommend!). Plus, there are dozens more to choose from, so you’re sure to find one that fits her taste and personality to a tee.
Large Blossom Vase $58
Small Round Vase $32
Callie Vase $48