This Thanksgiving weekend, our customers enjoy a 20% discount on all Kaleen rugs, in addition to our already low prices. Being family-owned and vertically-integrated might seem like buzz terms used to add style and hype to a brand’s image, but Kaleen places special meaning behind those words. From sourcing the fiber to dyeing the yarn, to designing and weaving the rugs to selling the finished product, the family in charge of Kaleen Rugs is involved in every step, eliminating process inefficiencies to lower manufacturing costs. That kind of meticulous quality control results in a high-quality product Rug & Home is able to offer our customers at a great value.
Kaleen Rugs specializes exclusively in hand-tufted rugs, consistently pushing the boundaries of fashion with their modern designs. With simple, clean, fresh designs, it’s hard to deny Kaleen their position as the best in the hand-tufted world.
Every rug collection is personally curated by the Rug & Home buying team. Here are some of our favorites:
Nomad: Hand-tufted, flat-woven construction gives these geo-prints and tribal designs a global, well-traveled feel. 5′ x 8′ – $339
Matira: Inspired by the secluded beaches of Bora Bora, these indoor-outdoor rugs will brighten any room! 5′ x 7’6″ – $269
Casablanca: Trendy Moroccan designs featured in hand-tufted wool. 5′ x 8′ – $339
Bimini: These hand-tufted polypropylene indoor-outdoor rugs provide a simple look with a soft hand. 5′ x 8′ – $219
With a new baby on the way, you’re likely overwhelmed by all the must have lists for baby essentials. While we don’t stock the baby shampoo, our design experts can certainly help you outfit a nursery that is sure to please both baby and mom. Here’s a list of our top 5 nursery essentials from Rug & Home.
1. Start with the floors first. We always start with the floors first and a plush, comfortable rug is a must have for bringing home baby. We have many styles to choose from, but our most popular rug for comfort is the Bliss by Kas. In many different colors to choose from, this option features a canvas backing and unbeatable price.
2. Seating. Late night feedings are going to require a soft place for parents to land. Klaussner carries a large selection of custom fabrics for you to match any color scheme and the Lacey Swivel Glider is an affordable option for comfort and movement. A favorite for sure!
3. Art. Creativity is born at an early age, so introduce art and whimsy into your child’s world from birth. You never know – you may have the next Picasso on your hands!
4. Accessories. Cute accessories are a must-have in any nursery. Girl or boy, we’ve got plenty to choose from like these adorable owls from IMAX.
5. Lighting. Harsh lighting is a no-no in a nursery space. Soft lamp lighting is not overly exposed for newborn eyes and also allows you to sneak in and out with ease when needing to check on a sleeping one. With so many styles to choose from, we recommend using a minimum of two within the space for times when you need full light but also for a late night diaper change when one lamp would be sufficient. Lamps are also interchangeable within the home, making it easy to transition as the little one grows.
Need help planning a layout? Have specific questions on rug types for baby? Leave us a comment, and one of our design associates will be glad to help!
By: Samantha Palacio
Family Circles Bronze Figurine // Alex Brass Frames S/3 // Amethyst Geometric Square Plates S/2 // Aramis Mosaic Coasters S/4 // Loloi Azalea AZ-03 //Counterflory Recipe Book Holder // Marisa Graphic Ottoman //American Rug Craftsmen Panoramic 90002
This year we’re celebrating Mom with a gift that will outlast the holiday. Offer her something she can enjoy year round like this Family Circles Bronze Figurine. This contemporary take on the bond of family love will surely touch her heart. Mom can display treasured heirloom photos in these Alex Brass Frames that are reminiscent of their Antique silver counterparts. Pretty glass trays to stash her baubles or keys are both decorative and functional. A thoughtful gift – these coasters will help protect her furniture but are also beautifully done in a mosaic pattern. Give Mom something to brag about with this colorful Azalea rug from Loloi. She is sure to be the envy of all her friends with such a bright and cheery space. Working moms will appreciate this recipe book holder making it easier to whip up a favorite dish without damaging Grandma’s recipe. Every mom could use a comfortable place to rest her feet. This versatile Graphic Ottoman is not only a place to prop her feet, but will double as a side table and even a vanity stool. Hip moms will love this trendy Panoramic rug for it’s contemporary vibe in bright and cheerful colors.
By: Samantha Palacio
In today’s digital age, most homes require a home office of some sort whether it be a space to work from home, a place to pay bills, or an area for children to study. Even in the tightest of spaces, you can carve out a little niche to make the daunting task of paperwork a little easier.
1. The simple wall-mounted surface in this
Scandinavian design takes up little space and allows for storage at the floor and with shelving above. It’s simplicity and function at its finest.
2. Carve out a nook in a kitchen or closet for a command center. Use wall space for notes and inspiration or add shelves for office supplies and storage. Colorful and functional!
3. A drop down desk concealed in a cabinet. Great storage in an unused corner of a home!
4. Some simple 2′ x 6′ boards create a standing desk in this home office at a Beautiful Mess
. This alternative would work well with just a small section mounted such as in a studio space. This would be ideal followed by shelving to the ceiling for maximum storage.
5. An office on a stair landing? Brilliant use of normally underutilized space! This
setup houses tons of storage and eliminates the need for an extra room just to craft. Perfect, again, for small space living.
Want to see more office ideas? Connect with us on Pinterest
and view our “Office Spaces” board
for inspiration. Do you have a note-worthy office space? Send us an Instagram
of your space @rugandhome and we may feature YOU on our Facebook
By: Samantha Palacio
When you think of Karastan, you may envision the colorful, traditional style rugs that they have been known for, for nearly 90 years. Karastan unveiled a fresh line of new designs, custom dyes, and shag style rugs at the Atlanta Market this January and we are proud to be supporting National Karastan Month here at Rug & Home. I’m here to tell you that these new arrivals are not your grandma’s rugs! Moroccan inspired designs, lush family room shags… Karastan has opened up to a whole new market of rug buyers and we are thrilled for the opportunity to bring you the change.
Karastan takes pride in the easy clean up and longevity of wear. Have you heard of the “Wonder Rug”? In the midst of a Great Depression, Karastan introduced a 12×15 rug to the 1933-34 Chicago World’s Fair. Here they invited 5 million people to trample this rug and they did it again 5 years later to total 13 million people gracing this tree of life pattern with muddy footprints, and many stories. The words: “If this rug could only talk,” come to mind here. Look at this amazing before & after clean up depiction. If you are as intrigued as I am, read more about the story here. I promise it won’t disappoint.
Hard to believe a rug can retain such radiant luster after 80 years! I think this is a beautiful depiction of quality you can expect of this manufacturer. Karastan strives to match the quality and craftsmanship of its counterpart – the handwoven one-of-a-kind treasures we sell here every day. Down to the fringe and bright colors that mimic its more costly cousin, you would likely be fooled unless not a trained rug connoisseur.
Did you know that by purchasing Karastan you are supporting domestic jobs? Karastan is a North Carolina-based company bringing local jobs and revenue back into our home state. You can feel good about your purchase both aesthetically and domestically. No pun intended.
Karastan uses renewable ingredients such as wool and “renewably sourced polymers” committing themselves to the environmentalism bandwagon. The science behind the making of handwoven rugs produces a positive footprint on the environment with longevity reducing energy consumption. To break it down – much like wool hand-knotted’s, these rugs can be passed down or sold off once your family has tired of the look. The endurance of a Karastan rug insures less filling of the landfill and happy homeowners all around.
By: Samantha Palacio
In home decorating, it’s perfectly acceptable to ‘think outside the box.’ We’ve compiled a list of Top 5 favorite ways to unexpectedly add bold color to your space and why they are so fresh.
1. The unexpected pop of lime green accents this space very well. This dining space is cheerful and light alongside the exposed brick. You can easily imagine enjoying many citrus-flavored meals in this gathering.
2. Where do I begin in this space? While this decorista kept to a flowing color palette, there are lots of color pops to notice here making it difficult to look away. What makes it unexpected you may ask? The unique use of window sills to display artwork and greenery. If you are fortunate to live in a home with windows ledges, these are a perfect opportunity to display accents in unexpected ways.
3. I will likely never tire of this simple pop of color drawn onto the walls in this space. I have seen several amazing renditions of geometric patterned accent walls, but the simplicity of lines is very eye-catching here. I can’t decide if it looks like my child drew it on or it’s an eccentric wallpaper.
Either way … love it!
4. Iridescent shower tiles. This photo needs no explanation, but if you have to have one: how can you not love this? It’s gorgeous and surely trumps traditional shower stalls!
5. Forego a stair runner and paint your risers in desirable hues! Accent the foyer with a coordinating rug
for bursts of color in the entry. This falls at number 5, but it certainly no less of a favorite!
By: Samantha Palacio
HGTV just announced their color of the month – paprika – and we are ecstatic! It is a great pick, reflective of the lower fall temperatures and colors, and of the upcoming holidays and the delicious cooking we will all be engaged in. Here are some of our favorite paprika-colored selections:
Rugs are a great way to bring in this spiced color in any room of your choosing. The easy, yet vibrant color will lend itself to a family room, dining room, kitchen, media room, or game room. The hue can be more soothing with a striation or ombre effect or can add a real punch of color in rugs that showcase a more saturated version of the paprika hue. Checkout some of our design consultants top paprika rug picks:
Clockwise from top left: Momeni Desert Gabbeh DG01 Paprika Rug, Jaipur Rugs Opus OP10 Tree of Life Pumpkin Rug, Momeni Metro MT12 Paprika Rug, Trans-Ocean Rugby Stripe Paprika Rug
Pillows and accessories are an easy way to try out this color in small doses. Add a couple of paprika-hued pillows to your neutral sofa to introduce this fall color scheme into your space. Or add several accessories – a few candle holders, a pretty vase, some ceramic containers, and a garden stool (which serves a functional purpose as well as extra seating for holiday guests and entertaining!) – to really enliven your interiors with this color palette without feeling like you have to fully financially commit. See our accessory selections below:
Clockwise from top left: Imax Essentials Orange Garden Stool, Imax Essentials Orange Candle Holders – Set of 3, Uttermost Raya Ceramic Containers – Set of 2, Trans-Ocean Liora Manne Windsor Orange Pillow, Imax Essentials Orange Tall Vase
To get pricing for these affordable paprika decorative accessories and rugs, contact us at and let our design consultants help you find ways to bring in this seasonally-relevant paprika color into your home!